A good babysitter, whom we can fully trust, is a real treasure. How to find the best one?
Define your expectations
- Define how long in a day you’ll need care for your child. Do you need a full time babysitter or on an occasion (like a night out, child’s sickness, etc.)?
- What housework do you want a babysitter to take? Remember, the more the housework, the less time for a baby a nanny has.
- When choosing a babysitter, consider your child’s age and temperament. Does an elderly person have enough strength to play with a 2-year-old? Is a young student experienced enough to take care of an infant?
How to start looking for a babysitter?
- First ask your friends. Maybe someone knows someone trustworthy? This is the best and the most efficient method to find a good nanny.
- Use an agency or the internet. It’s usually connected with some fees and doesn’t give a guarantee that the person you select is suitable for your needs. You can’t always trust internet recommendations.
- If you’re thinking about a younger person, look around students of college departments concerned with care such as: nursing, midwifery, pedagogy, psychology, etc.
- Publish a post on social media. There are appropriate groups or forums for those looking for a job as a babysitter.
Good nanny – trust your gut
If you manage to select a couple of the most promising candidates, arrange an individual appointment with each of them. Don’t rush anything – a good conversation might last even a couple of hours. Remember, it’s for your child’s safety.
A good babysitter:
- will make a good impression on you,
- cares about personal hygiene,
- is communicative,
- is courteous,
- represents the same or similar attitudes towards raising a child,
- easily creates a bond with your child,
- is experienced with working with children,
- doesn’t smoke.
Especially for You, notiOne experts created a FREE QUESTIONNAIRE which will be particularly useful for those who plan to have a conversation with nanny candidates.
DOWNLOAD THE QUESTIONNAIRE
Great article, thank you 🙂